Get off to a great start with my new ‘Welcome Home Baby’ service.
Oh my goodness! After all these months growing and loving this baby, wondering if it’s a boy or a girl, what he or she will look like, who this little person will be; your baby is finally here in your arms! Wow!
Maybe you’ve done this before or maybe it’s the first time, the whole world has just changed for you! This little person now depends fully on you as parents, quite the responsibility, isn’t it?!
I know nothing can quite prepare you for parenthood and those first few days and weeks are often uniquely intense. So much awe and love, snuggles and cuddles and moments where it hits you again ‘oh my goodness that’s my baby… I’ve got a baby’! Then there’s also the sheer pyshical and emotional exhaustion that can come after birth and as sleep isn’t as easily obtained, and that feeling of being overwhelmed. If you have breastfeeding challenges it can make this time more difficult than you ever imagined, not helped by a well-meaning relative telling you to ‘just give baby a bottle’.
What if you didn’t have to do it all on your own? Because you were never meant to, you know.
Have you heard the expression ‘it takes a village to raise a baby’? It’s true!
In other cultures around the world women and their families are supported by other local women, who cook and clean for them, offer them massages and honour the lying in period of postpartum.
As both a birth and postnatal doula and also a breastfeeding specialist I have grown to realize on a deeper level that getting support earlier is key to a successful postpartum.
So how does it work?
If you have birthed at home I will come to your home within the first 48 hours whenever you call me to let me know you are ready.
I will help you and your partner settle blissfully into your babymoon by offering:
- Specialist support with Breastfeeding
- Reassurance and Support with Babycare so you can feel confident as you enter or re-enter parenthood.
- Emotional Support. Someone to talk to that understands all the emotional ups and downs that this transformation brings.
- Helping hand around the house so that you and your partner can focus on what really matters bonding and resting together as a family
- Playing/helping out with other children
- Running errands.
- Meal Preparation. I am a good cook (although not so great with baking!) so I would be very happy to make you and your family a nutritious, nourishing meal.
- Postnatal Herbal Baths: I’m a big fan of postpartum herbal baths for healing and as a self-care ritual during this time so as a gift you will receive a mix of these.
- If you are doing a lotus birth, I am happy to support you at home with this.
If you have birthed at the hospital then I will meet you at your home when you return (or whenever you are ready) to help you to settle in with your new little bundle/s of joy!
No new parents ever say that they had too much support, but I do hear from many who felt alone, overwhelmed and rushed to ‘get back to normal’.
Let me help you reclaim and honour the postpartum time as the sacred time it is and enable to be fully present with your new baby.
Email me at email@example.com for more details and to check my availability.