I want to share with you this delicious green smoothie recipe which I enjoyed during my last pregnancy and also during my postnatal babymoon. Now whenever I make this, it takes me back to that time! A bonus is my kids like it, so it’s helpful for getting some healthy ingredients into us all!
Here’s the ingredients you will need:
- Handful of frozen mango or mixed tropical fruits
- 1 Cluster of frozen spinach
- Small piece of fresh peeled turmeric (about half a thumb size)
- Thumb of fresh peeled ginger
- 1 heaped tablespoon of organic Chia Seeds
- sprig of mint (optional)
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Apple Juice (not from concentrate
All you need to do is add the frozen and measured ingredients to your blender and cover with apple juice (you can use part water or coconut water if you prefer) should be roughly 300ml of liquid. Then blend until you reach the consistency that’s right for you, adding more liquid if needed.
This smoothie is to be enjoyed fresh and cold! I really don’t recommend making this one ahead but what you can do is put all of your ingredients into freezer bags or containers and then just add your juice and blend when ready. This is particularly useful if someone else is preparing it for you!
Let me know if you try this! I’d love to hear from you!